Mr Victor So Hing-woh, SBS, JP
Mr Victor So has been appointed Chairman of the Board of the Urban Renewal Authority since 15 June 2013. Mr So has extensive experience in the development and management of commercial and residential portfolios. He was the executive director of Kerry Properties Limited from 2008 to 2010, executive director and chief executive officer of the Link Management Limited from 2004 to 2007, executive director of Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited from 2002 to 2004, executive director of the Hong Kong Housing Society from 1990 to 2002 and property director of Mass Transit Railways Corporation from 1981 to 1990. Mr So holds a Master's degree in Business Administration from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He is a Fellow Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors and Hong Kong Institute of Housing. Mr So had been member of a number of statutory bodies including the Town Planning Board, the Hong Kong Housing Authority, the Land and Buildings Advisory Committee, the Long Term Housing Strategy Advisory Committee (1999 - 2003), the Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation Managing Board, the Corruption Prevention Advisory Committee of the Independent Commission Against Corruption and the Supervisory Board of the Hong Kong Housing Society. Currently, he is a council member of Mental Health Foundation and a member of the Hong Kong Housing Society.
Term of Office: 15/6/2013 - 30/4/2019
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.