Benefit to owners :
Technical support and maintenance subsidy are provided to encourage Owners' Corporations / owners to carry out comprehensive maintenance works in building common areas.
- Private residential or composite buildings aged 20 years old or above (according to the Occupation Permit) ;
- Average annual rateable value for domestic unit: should not exceed HK$120,000 in urban areas (including Shatin, Kwai Tsing, Tsuen Wan), should not exceed HK$92,000 in the New Territories ;
- Application is submitted prior to the appointment of Authorized Person or qualified professional for the maintenance works ;
- With OCs (building without OCs will be considered on case-by-case basis) ;
- Resolution for joining "Common Area Repair Works Subsidy" obtained in Management Committee. (The OC can either join "Common Area Repair Works Interest-free Loan" or "Common Area Repair Works Subsidy" at the same time)
Subsidy should be applied to common areas works relating to structural safety, sanitary facilities and environmental friendly provisions. All works must comply with the current statutory requirements.
|Nos. of Unit||Ceiling Amount of Subsidy within 5 years|
|20 or less||30% of the approved cost of works up to HK$150,000|
|21-49||20% of the approved cost of works up to HK$150,000|
|50 or above||20% of the approved cost of works or maximum HK$3,000 per unit, capped at HK$1,200,000 each OC|
Other Maintenance Subsidies
- Subsidy for the appointment of Authorized Person or qualified
amount up to 50% of the consultancy fee, capped at HK$20,000.
- Third Party Risks Insurance.
Special Grant and Relieve
After OCs obtaining Approval-in-Principle for the "Common Area Repair Works Subsidy", owners with financial difficulty can apply for a hardship grant in maximum HK$10,000 (within 5 years), if they fulfill the following criteria:
Application Criteria for Special Grant and Relieve
- Applicant holds a Hong Kong Identity Card; and
- Applicant is the registered owner of the subject premises (domestic unit); and
- Ownership is in the name of a person (not applicable for
company owner), who fulfills one of the following items:
- Recipient of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance; or
- Recipient of Normal Old Age Allowance; or
- Aged 60 or above or disabled, and holder of Medical Fee Waiver; or
- Aged 60 or above or disabled, and meeting the income and asset limits as listed below:
|Family Category||Monthly Income Limit (HK$)
|Asset Limit (HK$)
If applicant is required to repay mortgage for their property, the monthly income will be the net amount after deducting the mortgage repayment.
If the applicant is the owner-occupier of the subject property, the asset value of the subject property will be not counted in the asset limit.
Application Forms & Note
- Application Form - Common Area Repair Works Subsidy / Interest-free Loan
- Application Note - Common Area Repair Works Subsidy / Interest-free Loan
- Application Form - Individual Building Owner
- Application Note - Common Area Repair Works Hardship Grant