Non-Executive Directors (non-official)
Mr Evan Au Yang Chi-chun
Mr Evan Au Yang is the Group President of Animoca Brands, a Hong Kong-based multinational blockchain technology and investment company focused on developing the digital property rights ecosystem, including play-to-earn games, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized finance (DeFi), blockchain marketplaces, infrastructure and more.
Mr Au Yang is also the Chairman of the Board of Civic Exchange, a non-partisan public policy think tank. He serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director on three boards: the Urban Renewal Authority, Sun Hung Kai & Co. Ltd., and Asia Financial Holdings Limited. He is an Advisor for Our Hong Kong Foundation, and serves on the Innovation and Technology Advisory Committee of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, the Transport Policy Committee of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, the Development Fund Committee of the Hong Kong Council of Social Service, the Advisory Council for Institute at Brown for Environment and Society for Brown University, as well as the Board of Advisors of Hong Kong 2050 is Now. In addition, Mr Au Yang is a lecturer at the Hong Kong Academy of Politics and Public Policy.
Prior to joining Animoca Brands, Mr Au Yang was the Managing Director and Head of GLG International (Gerson Lehrman Group), a technology-enabled expert insight platform where he ran and grew its business spanning Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific across 15 locations. Before GLG, Mr Au Yang was the Deputy Managing Director of the Kowloon Motor Bus Co. (1933) Ltd. (“KMB”) and a Board Director of Transport International Holdings Limited, the parent company of KMB. Prior to joining Transport International and KMB, Mr Au Yang was an Associate Partner at McKinsey & Company. Before that, Mr Au Yang worked at Citigroup’s Derivatives Structuring and Marketing unit.
He obtained his undergraduate degree in Economics and Political Science from Brown University and his MBA degree from the Kellogg School of Management.
Term of Office: 1/12/2017 - 30/11/2023
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.