Non-Executive Directors (non-official)
Mr Stephen Wong Yuen-shan
Mr Stephen Wong received a B.A. Degree in Economics from the University of Chicago, Phi Beta Kappa, and an M.A. Degree in East Asian Studies (Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies) from Yale University. Since then, he worked for a number of global financial institutions, including as an Executive Director in UBS (London) and a Managing Director at RBS. Mr Wong joined Our Hong Kong foundation as Senior Consultant in May 2015, and was appointed Deputy Executive Director and Head of Public Policy in November of the same year. He is now Deputy Executive Director and Head of Public Policy Institute.
Mr Wong’s public service includes various advisory roles appointed by the Hong Kong Government, including Board Member of the Financial Services Development Council, Board Member of the Urban Renewal Authority, Member of the Town Planning Board, Member of Investment Committee of the Beat Drugs Fund, Member of Investment Sub-Committee of the Housing Authority, Member of Feasibility Study Working Group of “Special Needs Public Trust”, Co-opted Member of Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Fund Task Force of Commission on Poverty, Non-official Member of the Assessment Panel of the “Innovation and Technology Fund for Application in Elderly and Rehabilitation Care” of the Social Welfare Department, and ex-Member of Task Force on Land Supply, etc.
Mr Wong is also active in community service. He is Chairman of the Clean Air Network, Vice Chairman of the Admissions, Budgets & Allocations Committee and Investment Sub-Committee Member of the Community Chest, and Executive Committee Member & Chairman of the Advisory Committee of Social Enterprise and Innovation Platform of the Hong Kong Council of Social Service. Mr Wong is also an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Hong Kong University SPACE for the Institute for China Business.
Term of Office: 1/5/2019 - 30/4/2022
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.