Invitation to tender for development of URA's Third Street/ Yu Lok Lane/ Centre Street Project in Sai Ying Pun
The Urban Renewal Authority (URA) today (Friday) invited a total
of 17 property developers to tender for the joint development of
the Third Street/ Yu Lok Lane/ Centre Street Project in Sai Ying
The project site is about 2,150 square metres and upon completion is expected to deliver a maximum gross floor area of about 16,460 square metres mainly for residential use, together with the provision of public open space of about 1,180 square metres. URA plans to provide more small-sized units in this project which will be smaller than 46.5 square metres, i.e. about 500 square feet. As a result, this development will provide about 270 residential units.
There is also a plan to preserve a pair of existing tenement buildings for adaptive re-use, and implement a theme to re-captivate the laneway character by integrating with those preserved elements of existing tenement buildings in the design.
Following the expression of interest exercise which was closed on 30 July 2010, a tender review panel under the URA Board has decided to invite 17 interested property developers for tender (full list at annex), after taking into consideration their experience and financial strength to undertake the development in accordance with the requirements and criteria set by the Authority.
All tender submissions should reach the URA Headquarters at 10/F Low Block, Grand Millennium Plaza, 181 Queen's Road Central, by 5:00 pm on 13 September 2010.
List of the Companies / Consortia invited to submit tenders
- Chen's Holdings Limited
- Cheung Kong (Holdings) Limited
- China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd
- Chinese Estates Holdings Limited
- Chuang's Consortium International Ltd
- Emperor International Holdings Limited
- Henderson Land Development Company Ltd
- HKR International Limited
- K. Wah International Holdings Ltd
- Kerry Properties Limited
- Kowloon Development Company Ltd
- New World Development Company Ltd
- Sino Land Company Limited
- Soundwill Holdings Limited
- Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited
- Wheelock and Company Limited
- Wing Tai Properties Limited