Invitation to tender for development of URA's Lai Chi Kok Road / Kweilin Street and Yee Kuk Street Project
The Urban Renewal Authority (URA) today (Friday) invited a total
of 15 property developers to tender for the joint development of
the Lai Chi Kok Road / Kweilin Street and Yee Kuk Street Project in
Sham Shui Po.
The project comprises two adjacent sites at Lai Chi Kok Road / Kweilin Street and Yee Kuk Street of about 36,000 square feet. The URA's proposal is to redevelop the sites to provide about 390 residential units, including some 60 flats with elderly-friendly facilities. Besides, some 4,100 square feet of floor area for Non-Government Organisations specialising preferably in services for senior citizens, 50,000 square feet of commercial floor area and 6,200 square feet of public open space will also be provided in the project.
Following the expression of interest exercise which was closed on 7 December 2009, a tender review panel under the URA Board has decided to invite 15 interested property developers for tender (full list at annex), after taking into consideration their experience and financial strength to undertake the development in accordance with the requirements and criteria set by the Authority.
All tender submissions should reach the URA Headquarters at 10/F Low Block, Grand Millennium Plaza, 181 Queen's Road Central, by 5:00 pm on 18 January 2010.
List of the Companies / Consortia invited to submit
- Chen's Holdings Limited
- Cheung Kong (Holdings) Limited
- China Overseas Land & Investment Limited
- Chinese Estates Holdings Limited
- Henderson Land Development Company Limited
- HKR International Limited
- K. Wah International Holdings Limited
- Kerry Properties Limited
- Kowloon Development Company Limited
- Lai Sun Development Company Limited
- New World Development Company Limited
- Sino Land Company Limited
- Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited
- USI Holdings Limited
- Wheelock Properties Limited