Non-Executive Directors (non-official)
The Honourable Tony Tse Wai-chuen, BBS, JP
Hon. Tony Tse Wai-chuen is currently a member of the Hong Kong Legislative Council for the Architectural, Surveying, Planning and Landscape functional constituency. He is a Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors, Founding President of Guangdong Property and Facilities Management Association of the Greater Bay Area, the Standing Committee on Disciplined Services Salaries and Conditions of Service. Hon. Tse has been awarded the Bronze Bauhinia Star in 2014 and has been appointed as member of the 13th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference in 2018 and a Justice of the Peace in 2020.
After graduating from the Hong Kong Polytechnic (now known as the Hong Kong Polytechnic University) in 1976, Hon. Tse joined the Hong Kong Government’s then Public Works Department as Estate Surveyor Graduate and had served in the Department for 12 years. His last position held was Senior Estate Surveyor. Thereafter, he has held senior positions in several public organisations and private enterprises in Hong Kong. He has set up property development consultant companies in recent years and is now the Founder and Director of Brand Star Ltd.
Hon. Tse has been engaged in the property development field for almost 50 years. Besides being active in the development circle, he participates enthusiastically in public affairs and has been appointed to public services by the Government on many occasions, including Chairperson of the Property Management Services Authority, member of the Land and Building Advisory Committee and Town Planning Board, Vice-Chairman of the Independent Police Complaints Council, Chairman of VTC Real Estate Services Training Board, the Court of Lingnan University and Chairman of HKTDC Infrastructure Development Advisory Committee, etc. He has also been appointed Chairman of the Surveyors Registration Board in 2002-2003, elected as President of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors in 2003-2004, and member of the 5th Hong Kong Legislative Council for the Architectural, Surveying and Planning functional constituency in 2012.
Term of Office: 1/12/2020 - 30/11/2023
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.