Fostering Quality Living Environment through Environmental Sustainability
The URA endeavours to promote and implement environmentally sustainable and innovative development to improve the built environment and enhance the quality of life in Hong Kong. To this end, where applicable, we incorporate environmentally sustainable measures and facilities into the design and construction of our redevelopment projects.
Our efforts to develop projects in a sustainable way have been well recognised in recent years. As of 2021/22, there were a total of 14 projects awarded with the final Hong Kong BEAM Platinum ratings, three projects with final BEAM Plus Platinum ratings and 15 projects with final BEAM Plus Gold ratings by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC).
List of projects with the final BEAM Platinum rating:
- Mount Davis 33 in Kennedy Town
- Island Crest and The Nova in Sai Ying Pun
- Queen's Cube and The Avenue in Wan Chai
- Citywalk - Vision City in Tsuen Wan
- i-home, Florient Rise, Park Summit and Lime Stardom in Tai Kok Tsui
- Baker Residences in Hung Hom
- Macpherson Place in Mong Kok
- Park Metropolitan in Kwun Tong
- Trinity Towers in Sham Shui Po
List of projects with final BEAM Plus Platinum rating:
- De Novo in Kai Tak (The project has also obtained the Grand Award of the Green Building Award granted by the HKGBC for its environmentally-sustainable design.)
- 618 Shanghai Street in Mong Kok
- eResidence in Hung Hom
List of projects with final BEAM Plus Gold rating:
- My Place, 93 Pau Chung Street and Downtown 38 in Ma Tau Kok
- City Hub and Artisan Garden in To Kwa Wan
- SKYPARK in Mong Kok
- The Ascent, The Amused, Astoria Crest, Madison Park and Hyde Park in Sham Shui Po
- Park Ivy and iclub Mong Kok Hotel in Tai Kok Tsui
- Monti in Shau Kei Wan
- My Central in Central
Under its rehabilitation programmes, the URA also received an award for "Outstanding Corporate Responsibility - HKGBC Green Product Accreditation and Standard (Statutory Body)" for its effort under the Green Items Subsidy of its Integrated Building Maintenance Assistance Scheme.
The URA will continue to use every appropriate and practical measure and apply new thinking to protect the environment in its future projects.