Mr Chow Chung-kong, GBM, GBS, JP
Mr Chow Chung-kong is a non-official member of the Executive Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) and Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Admission of Quality Migrants and Professionals. He is also member of various committees established by the HKSAR Government, including Financial Leaders Forum, Human Resources Planning Commission and InnoHK Steering Committee. Mr Chow is currently an independent non-executive director of AIA Group Limited and an independent non-executive representative of the Global Governance Council of EYG.
Mr Chow was previously Chairman of the Board of the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (2012-2018), Chief Executive Officer of the MTR Corporation Limited (2003-2011) and Steward of the Hong Kong Jockey Club (2011-2020). Prior to his return to Hong Kong in 2013, Mr Chow was a global corporate executive managing companies in the United Kingdom, United States, Japan and Australia.
Mr Chow is a Chartered Engineer, with a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin and the University of California respectively. He holds a MBA degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and attended the Advanced Management Program of Harvard Business School. He was awarded Honorary Doctor of Engineering degree by the University of Bath. He was knighted in the United Kingdom in 2000, and was awarded the Grand Bauhinia Medal in 2021.
Term of Office: 1/5/2019 - 30/4/2025
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.