To Kwa Wan Road / Ma Tau Kok Road Development Scheme (KC-019)
- Nos. 116-118 Ma Tau Kok Road (even nos.).
- About 8,760sq.m.
- Affected buildings
- About 2 street nos. of buildings
- Affected property interests
- About 113 interests
Project Development Information
|Total GFA||About 59,120sq.m.|
|Commercial GFA||About 7,820sq.m. (exclude about 500 sq.m. non-domestic GFA proposed for GIC provision)|
|Residential GFA||About 50,800sq.m.|
The Government Gazette for the commencement of the Development Scheme (“the Project”) was first published on 7 October 2022 and a freezing survey was conducted in the project area on the same day.
According to section 25 of URAO, the Urban Renewal Authority (“URA”) submitted a draft Development Scheme Plan (“DSP”) of the Project, including the Stage 1 Social Impact Assessment (“SIA”) Report on 10 October 2022 and Stage 2 SIA Report on 23 November 2022 to the Town Planning Board (“TPB”) for consideration.
As an administrative arrangement, upon receipt of the draft DSP of the Project (including the Stage 1 SIA Report) and the Stage 2 SIA Report by the TPB, such information will also be made available for public inspection at Planning Enquiry Counters specified in the Government Gazette, as soon as practicable until the draft DSP is considered by the TPB. Such information is available on the URA website at (http://www.ura.org.hk) and at the venues and website specified in the Government Gazette. To accede to TPB’s request in facilitating the onward statutory planning procedures for the draft DSP, the availability of such information for public inspection will be extended until the Chief Executive in Council has made a decision in respect of the draft DSP in question.
On 3 March 2023, the TPB has published the draft DSP under section 5 of Town Planning Ordinance for public inspection at the venues specified in the Government Gazette. The draft DSP is available for public inspection for a period of two months from 3 March 2023 to 3 May 2023. Any person may make representation in writing to the TPB no later than 3 May 2023.
The URA will accord to prevailing policies to issue acquisition offers and compensation to the affected owners and tenants upon Chief Executive in Council's approval of the draft DSP and the approved DSP is gazetted.
Project commenced in October 2022.
Targeted completion by 2033.
Under a planning-led approach, the Project aims to rationalize land use for holistic planning of the area to enable more efficient land use and to bring planning gains to the local community.
The key planning objectives and proposals of the Project includes:
- Provision of a waterfront promenade of about 20m wide along the Ma Tau Kok waterfront for public enjoyment. The proposed waterfront promenade will be connecting with the adjoining planned waterfront promenade / waterfront developments at the Kai Tak Development Area (KTDA), thus enabling a continuous waterfront at the Kowloon East area.
- Reinforce the waterfront ambience and promote vibrancy by creating an at-grade waterfront plaza and provide a 2-storey commercial belt connecting to the waterfront promenade.
- Restructuring and re-planning of existing land uses to provide building setbacks from To Kwa Wan Road to allow sufficient space to align with Government’s planned road widening works.
- Replanning of traffic and pedestrian network to create comfortable walking environment and enhance connectivity.
- Provision of about 500sq.m. non-domestic GFA for Government, Institution or Community (GIC) uses to bring more planning gains to the community.
The Project may also include other facilities and uses as required or approved by the TPB.