To Kwa Wan Road / Wing Kwong Street Development Scheme (KC-016)
- 1 – 31 To Kwa Wan Road (odd nos.), 111 – 127D Ma Tau Wai Road (odd nos.), 2 - 6 and 10 – 14 Hung Fook Street (even nos.), 1 -5 and 11 – 19 Kai Ming Street (odd nos.), 1 – 7 Yuk Shing Street (odd nos.), 2 – 12 Yuk Shing Street (even nos.)
- About 6,592 sq.m.
- Affected buildings
- About 53 street nos. of buildings
- Affected population
- About 1,652 (According to SIA2 Report)
- Affected property interests
- About 559 interests
- Affected households
- About 723 households (According to SIA2 Report)
Project Development Information
|Total GFA||About 49,932sq.m. (and not less than 5,500sq.m. non-domestic GFA for G/IC uses)|
|Commercial GFA||About 8,322sq.m.|
|Residential GFA||About 41,610sq.m.|
The Government Gazette for the commencement of the Development Scheme (“the Project”) was first published on 5 March 2021 and a freezing survey was conducted in the project area on the same day.
According to section 25 of URAO, on 5 March 2021, the Urban Renewal Authority (“URA”) submitted a draft Development Scheme Plan (“DSP”) of the Project, including the Stage 1 Social Impact Assessment (“SIA”) Report to the Town Planning Board (“TPB”) for consideration. The draft DSP has made available for public inspection from 12 March 2021 at the venues specified in the Government Gazette until the draft DSP is considered by the TPB. The public can make comments on the draft DSP to the TPB not later than 7 April 2021.
On 21 April 2021, the URA submitted the Stage 2 SIA Report to TPB for consideration. The Stage 2 SIA Report has made available for public inspection from 30 April 2021 at the venues specified in the Government Gazette until the draft DSP is considered by the TPB. The public can make comments on the Stage 2 SIA Report to the TPB not later than 14 May 2021.
The draft DSP, including the Stage 1 SIA Report has made available for public inspection at the URA’s Headquarters, URA’s Kowloon City Neighbourhood Centre and URA’s website at (http://www.ura.org.hk) from 12 March 2021 until the draft DSP is considered by the TPB. The Stage 2 SIA Report has also made available for public inspection at the aforesaid locations from 30 April 2021 until the draft DSP is considered by the TPB.
If the TPB deems the draft DSP suitable for publication, the TPB will publish the draft DSP under section 5 of Town Planning Ordinance (TPO) for public inspection for 2 months. During this period, any person may make representation in writing to the TPB in respect of the draft DSP.
The URA will accord to prevailing policies to issue acquisition offers and compensation to the affected owners and tenants upon Chief Executive in Council's approval of the draft DSP and the approved DSP is gazetted.
Project commenced in March 2021.
Targeted completion by 2032.
The Project aims to re-structure and re-plan the area through redevelopment to enhance the walkability and connectivity of the area, and to integrate the planned pedestrian and traffic networks with the adjoining URA redevelopment projects to manifest the planning gains and synergy effects for the wider neighbourhood.
The key planning proposals of the Project includes:
- Inclusion of three road sections for redevelopment and/or provision of pedestrian walkways and communal spaces to create a car-free zone and pleasant walking environment;
- Provision of a footbridge connection at the Project to facilitate a footbridge development to provide a safe and direct pedestrian linkage between the MTR station exits and the wider neighbourhood adjoining the Project;
- Re-routing of traffic network to enhance the traffic circulation;
- Creation of an all-weathered communal space in the Project to become a focal point for community gathering and place-making;
- Provision of not less than 5,500sq.m. non-domestic GFA for GIC uses to meet the community needs;
- Redevelopment of the existing dilapidating buildings into modern residential development cum commercial/retail/GIC components.
The Project may also include other facilities and uses as required by the TPB.